"1. we all like different things and no matter what, people are going to put you down for your passions. never let it stop you from doing what you love. you will regret quitting band or chorus or theater or art club your freshman year because your best friend thought it was lame.
2. you h a v e to put your own wellbeing first no matter what. relationships deteriorate and you have to accept that, whether it’s with a best friend, a boyfriend, or a relative. you have every right to distance yourself from a toxic situation.
3. the people we love the most are the ones who can hurt us the most. don’t let that keep you from loving someone with all you’ve got. desperation is beautiful, my friend.
4. practice really does make perfect. give your passions time, those in first place didn’t get there by complaining and wishing they were the best, they went out and fought for it. the things you love will only be worth it if you put in the time to prove it.
5. learn to forgive yourself because it isn’t enough to be forgiven by others. you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life but only if you let it."
- 5 things i wish someone would have told me in high school (via queiet